Latest about the Street FestivalApril 3rd, 2012 | Posted by in Events
Here is some idea of what we have planned for the ‘Micklegate Royal Street Festival’ on Thursday, 5th April 2012.
The street festival is due to commence as soon as the Queen has left the area. The street closure will run from Micklegate Bar down the road to the traffic lights at George Hudson Street. In effect from 9am until 7pm there will be pedestrian traffic only inside this area apart from the odd delivery or person who needs access in a car. Below is a list of activities on the day.
Note: the following list is not comprehensive and it’s just an indication of what might be available on the day.
- Binnington and Thurling: FCY activity
- Bridal Lounge of York
- Sunshine: outside promotional activity, FCY activity
- Amanda’s: FCY activity
- Just Bliss: outside promotional activity
- Stained Glass Centre: tours, tea and coffee, band
- Oxfam: Book stall and window display
- Artful Dodger Bar: Street Bar Plastic open containers.
- Heloise: outside beauty treatments
- Fancy Dance: Outside stall with flags etc.
- Red Shoes Dance: incidental dance routines in street
- Brides of York: outside promotion, mannequin & FCY
- CADs: children’s hair cutting and detailing, gazebo, FCY
- Northern College of Acupuncture: treatment stall, massage
- York body-piercing clinic: outside promotion
- Bolsita: FCY, stall, busker, massage
- Ken Spelman: Book stall
- Dannie Lea Hair Design – FCY activity
- TD Fifteen Hairdressing – FCY activity
- Holy Trinity Church: York Archaeological Trust Display and camp
- Café 84: breakfast butties stall
- Ace Hostel: promotion, café and bar
- Brunch box: tea and coffee stall
- Micklegate Fisheries: folding tables and chairs outside
- Post Office: flags and commemorative goodies
- Nags Head: Hog roast, soft and hot drinks
- The Priory: outside bar and tables
- Saffron Desi: outside curry bar
- Armed Forces careers office: outside display, Van
- Brigantes: outside bar, beer festival, real ales and ciders
- York Brewery: outside bar, kegs
- Curtains Up: ‘A’ board
- Gibson’s Bar: live music inside. Licence permitting
- Portfolio: FCY activity
- Bill Baber Knitwear: FCY activity, offers
- Bar Lane Studios: Stall and art auction for Macmillan Nurses
- Reflex: outside promo, flyers, outside speakers and dancers
- York Baptist Church: Coffee, tea and Hot Cross Buns FOC
- Fashion City York (FCY) will be exhibiting at a number of locations in and outside shops according to the weather conditions.
The Queen is due to arrive about 10.45am. Immediately after she has gone the York Waits and a large number of civil war re-enactment gentlemen will parade down Micklegate before setting up camp in the churchyard at Holy Trinity (with families in period costume etc). They will then be performing military drills and re-enactments throughout the day, the camp is open to visitors where the soldiers will be sharing what life was like during the 17th century for wives and families too at the time York was under siege.